The Philodendron Birkin is a New Zealand new plant which is sure to be on a few plant collectors lists. As the leaves of this plant matures they develop variegated pin-stripe lines. The growth habits of this plant are yet to be determined. Other sites estimate growth of 50-100cm in height, although this is yet to be confirmed.
- Habitat: Medium growth rate. White lines will develop with age.
- Light: Bright to moderate, indirect light.
- Water: Keep moist, but allow to dry out a little before watering again.
- Soil: Will be happy in a bark/peat based soil which retains moisture, but does not hold water.
- Fertiliser: Every 2-4 Months or during growth periods.