The Variegated String of Pearls (Senecio rowleyanus variegata), or String of Beads, is a special version of this well known succulent. This variation features several strands of pearls that are detailed with white lines or may be completely white in their colouring. This beautiful difference, along with its wonderful trailing growth habit, makes for a perfect shelf plant and is enjoyed by most plant lovers. Your home plant care should see you keep your String of Pearls in bright indirect spot of sunlight with it watered sparingly and rarely. Remember the balls are its succulent leaves which hold moister for the plant allowing it to go longer between being watered.
- Habitat: Grows best in cooler temperatures.
- Light: Prefers bright indirect light
- Water: Watering once a month is plenty. Wait until soil is fully dry before watering.
- Soil: Potting mix or sandy soil.
- Fertiliser: Feed twice a week during active growth. Feed once every six weeks during dormant growth.